Otázka: Crime and punishment
Crime and punishment
- I would like to say something about the topic crime and punishment.
- Firstly I will speak about reasons for committing crime
- Secondly about typec of crime
- Thirdly about investigation of crime and about the prevention and protection
- Finally about some films and books which related to the crime
1) There are many reasons, why people commit crime. Some of them have social problems or they can be unemployed. They have problems with money, they are jelous or they might be mentally illness. Some of them commit a crime because of revenge. Crime will always be in all societies and the only thing left is that we must protect us and our children.
2) The system includes three types of crime: minor crimes –for example: making noise( its anti social behavior), speeding, vandalism. It isnt so bed and dangerous. Crimes against property– for example: forgery( is the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects, statistics, or documents its illegal), burglary(is illegal entry into a building), robbery(is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear) or shoplifting. Violent crimes– rape(sexual attack), kidnapping(is the taking away or transportation of a person against that person’s will, usually to hold the person infalse imprisonment, a confinement without legal authority), mugging(a type of street robbery). We have different laws and punishment in each country.
3) Police start to investigate the crime. Firstly someone has to report crime. Police should take a photos, collect fingerprints, voices, biology materials on the crime scene. They try to find some witnesses(its the person who saw the crime), question him or her and ultimately they find suspect and question her or him. They arrest suspect and we have a trial. There is the suspect with lawyer/defender, judge, witnesses and in the USA we have also jurry. In the USA is jurry really important. They decide if suspect is guilty or innocent. In the Czech Republic the most important person is judge. If suspect is guilty we have a lot of punishment which we can use. It depends on case and the severity of the crime. For example for minor crimes we have: comunity work service, fine, probation or prison, life sentence or you have to pay reparation for victim. Life sentence is the worst punishment in the Czech Republic because capital punishment was abolished in 1989. People have different opinions on the capital punishment. I thing that in some case it could be good punishment in some really wrong case for example murder its good idea. Because in my opinion is death the worst punishment in the world. And some murderderers deserve it. But problem is when the suspect isnt guilty. So judge or jurry have to be carefully. I´m for worse conditions in prison. Because they have bed, meal, television, they neednt work and it isnt fair.
We can reduce crime but its really difficult. We can give people more work, parents should educate children in the right way, You shouldnt give your private informations to foreign people.
4) About this topic exist a lot of books and films. My favourite book is Zločin a trest by Dostojevskij. Agatha Christie, some detective series. From films for example Sherlock Holmes.
Další podobné materiály na webu: