Otázka: Theatre and cinema
In a large town you can usually find one or more theatres. You can choose the performance according to its director, actors or genre. It can be a drama, a comedy, an opera, a musical or a ballet. It is better to buy a ticket in advance, because the best performances are sold very quickly. Going to the theatre is a social event so it is expected to dress up in the best clothes. People can leave their coats in the cloackroom and an attendant usually showns them their seats. Beetween acts in intermision it is possible to buy refreshment in the theatre bar. When the performance is over the audience applauds and when the people think that the performance was especially brilliant it can be time for standing ovation.
- Is not only the beuatiful bulding in neo-renaissance edifice on the bank of the Vltava River.
- Administrates the famous Estate Theatre and Kolowrat theatre
- Three artistic esembles: opera, drama, ballet -> everyone can find something what he like.
- Symbol of Czech freedom -> people from all social levels contibuted to fund to build it.
- The corner stone was laid on 16th May 1868.
- Opened in 1881 and in the same year it cought fire.
- After 47 days people cellected one million florins -> opened again in 1883.
- 18th November with Smetana’s Libuše.
- Architects: Zítek, after fire – Schulz and Schnirch (The trias on the roof)
- Interior: Štursa, Kafka, Hynais (curtain -> 11mx11m), Ženíšek
- +/ -> free time to study during the performance, friendly people, culture experiences, free entrance
- – / -> we were low-paid, sometimes unpleasant people, performances ended late so i was home at 11 or 12 p.m.
In recent years cinemas become more and more popular. It is cheaper than theatre and it is more flexible, bacause one film can be projected for example 5 times per day in one hall. Next advantage is that you can eat during the film. It is indispensable for some people. Many cinemas attract visiotors offering the latest film, mainly Hollywood blockbusters.