Otázka: William Shakespeare
- He was born on 23rd April 1564 in Stratford-Upon-Avon in Henley Street
- His father, John Shakespeare, was a glove maker; his mother´s name was Mary Arden
- The place where they lived (Stratford) had about 200 houses, altough it was something of a capital to the neighbouring villages; it was a very nice town full of trees,especially elms, which have given place to houses now (but there is still a great deal of remains)
- William was born as a third child and the eldest son of 8 children in all (of whom 2 died young)
- Thanks to his father´ s status in the village he could attend the local grammar school, but then he never went to university.
- After leaving school, he helped his father at his trade, because of his money troubles
- When he was 18, he married Anne Hathaway– she was pregnant and brought no prop
- )till a great deal of remainsú
- veerty with her; they had 3 children but 1,Hamnet,died at the age of 11
- Later he moved alone to London and joined a group of actors- The Lord Chamberlain´s Men, which became the King´s Men under the patronage of James I.
- Few years later he bought the Globe Theatre
- First he helped adapt older plays but soon he started to write his own plays
- The first ones were historical followed by 2 long narrative poems- ,,Venus and Adonis“ and ,,The Rape of Lucrece“; which were very successful and won him a patronage of the Earl of Southampton
- Then he started to be very famous and wrote his well-known plays,such as Romeo and Juliet etc.
- After his son´s death he came back to Stratford, bought there the house called New Place and lived there a quiet life with his family until he died on 23rd April 1616– the legend says that it was after a birthday celebration with his friends
- New Place;ck to Stratford and bought there the house called New Place;c.
- Hises I.
- Now he is buried at local Trinity Church
- He wrote 37 plays and sonnets. He wrote comedies, historical plays and tragedies:
- COMEDIES: The Comedy of Errors; A Midsummer-Night´s Dream, As You Like It,Twelfth Night
- HISTORICAL PLAYS: Richard III., Henry VI., V., Julius Caesar;
- TRAGEDIES: Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet, King Lear, Othello
- Romeo and Juliet- is about the unhappy love and death of R. and J., who were the children of 2 powerful houses of Verona(which hated each other)- The House of Montague and The House of Capulet. Ohich hated each other) houses were the children of 2 powerful houses of Verona- The House of Montague and The House of Capulence Romeo meets Juliet at the ball. He fells in love with her altough he knows that she is Capulet. They love each other very much and ask Friar Laurence to marry them secretly. But by an unfortunate coincidence Romeo kills Tybalt who is Juliet´ s cousin so he is sent to the exile outside Verona to Mantova. At the same time Juliet is forced to get married to a young nobleman called Paris. She asks Friar Laurence for help again and he gives her magic drops after which she falls asleep for several hours and looks like died. But Romeo learns about her death (he doesn´ t know about the trick), hurries to the Capulet´ s Monument in a cemetery and kills himself. Soon after that Juliet wakes up and when she sees Romeo lying dead next to her, she kills herself too. Then, both houses are reco arehouses are e kills herself toor that Juliet waa fake)ad in the died. forced to get married to a young nobleman calleonciled right above the graves of their beloved children.