Otázka: Weather and Seasons, Environmental problems
Weather and Seasons
Climate of the Czech Republic
- The Czech Republic mostly has a temperate oceanic climate, with warm summers and cold, cloudy and snowy winters.
- The temperature difference between summer and winter is relatively high, due to the landlocked geographical position
- Summer temperatures usually don’t exceed 30 degrees centigrade and in winter there are seldom temperatures lower than 10 degrees below zero
- The year is divided into four seasons :
- Spring – From 21st March – 21st June
- Summer – 21st June – 23rd September
- Autumn – 23rd September – 21st December
- Winter – 21st December – 21st March
Climate of the USA
- The climate of the United States varies due to changes in latitude, and a range of geographic features, including mountains and deserts.
- Generally, on the mainland, the climate of the U.S. becomes warmer the further south one travels, and drier the further west, until one reaches the West Coast.
Climate of the UK
- The United Kingdom straddles the higher mid-latitudes between 49° and 61° N on the western seaboard of Europe.
- The UK is always in or close to the path of the polar front jet stream, that’s why there are typical frequent changes in pressure and unsettled weather
- There can be experienced many types of weather in a single day.
- In general the climate of the UK is cool and often cloudy and rainy, and high temperatures are infrequent.
Environmental issues in general
- Environmental issues are harmful effects of human activity on the biophysical environment.
- Environmental protection is a practice of protecting the natural environment on individual, organizational or governmental levels, for the benefit of both the environment and humans.
- Major current environmental issues may include climate change, pollution, environmental degradation, and resource depletion etc.
- United Nations Environment Programme
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature
- brings together 83 states, 108 government agencies, 766 Non-governmental organizations and 81 international organizations and about 10,000 experts and scientists from countries around the world
- Non-governmental organizations: Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, World Wide Fund for Nature,..
Další podobné materiály na webu: