Otázka: Education and Schools
I would like to say something about schools and systém of education in the Czech Republic, in GB and in the USA.
Firstly I will talk about system of education in the Czech Republic, secondly about system in GB, thirdly about systém in the USA and finally about me and about my education.
Well, first is education in the Czech Republic
-School attendence in the Czech Republic is compulsory from the age of 6 to 15. The state schools are free of charge. Handicaped children are educated separetly.
The system includes four grades: Pre-school education, primary school education, secondary cgool education and tertiary education.
- Pre-school education isnt compulsory. Nursery schools are from the age of 1 to 3 years. From 3 to 6 children attend kindergartens where they learn to comunicate with other people and children.
- Primary school education is compulsory. Its from the age of 6 to 15. Most og children attend state schools but we have newly established private and religious schools. State schools are free of chargé but private or religious schools must be paid. You have here possibility to go to grammar school from the age of 11.
- Secondary education is from the age of 15 to 19. It isnt compulsory and we have 3 types of schools: A) Grammar schools- with general education and with graduation, which prepare students for university. B) Special schools- which includes technical, bussines, art, pedagogical education. C) Vocational schools- which prepare students for their job.
- Tertiary school education- universities for example Charles university in Prague, Masaryks university in Brno and Palackého university in Plzeň. University take about 5 years it depends on school.
- Now I will talk about systém in GB
In GB school attendance is compulsory for children from the age of 5 to 16. Primary schools are for children from the age of 11 and over. Childrens under 5 years can go to kindergartens. In GB are state schools also private, religious or boarding schools. Secondary education in GB is completed with the examination called the General Certificate of secondary Education. The advanced level of this exam is a basic qalification for university. The most famous universities are Oxford, Yeale or Harvard. In GB they have huge campus for university but for example in the Czech Republic we have only one building for university. In GB is also compulsory to wear uniforms in all schools its because of social differences and I think that its good.
In the USA school attendance is compulsory from the age of 6 to 16. For children under 6 pre-school education is provided by nursery and kindergartens schools. In the USA is different education in each of states. It depends on state where you study.
I study grammar school because I think that in this time is really important to go to university. Its really difficult to find a job so you should have the best education if you want good job.