Eating is the most important activity in our lives. In addition to eating when we are hungry, food also affects our feelings and mood for example chocolate can solve and relieve stress. What´s more, food has a social function too.
Every culture has its cuisine that have a symbolic meaning.
- it should include plenty of fruits, vegetable, dairy and bakery products
- we should eat 3 to 6 times a day small portions
- don’t forget breakfast, it should contain fiber, proteins and fruits
- in the afternoon we can have a snack
- lunch where we should avoid repeated fatty food (schnitzel, chips…), lunch should also include vegetable or fruit snack
- dinner can be cold or warm, we should avoid fatty foods for the night.
- also we shouldn´t visit fast-food and overeat with chocolate and chips.
Food in Czech
- Czech cuisine is not exactly healthy. Meat is very common, as are various sauces, condiments, and dumplings.
Breakfast usually consists of tea, coffee or hot milk and bread with ham, cheese or eggs. Some people prefer sweet – yoghurt with musli, cereals, and doughnuts. There are many people who don´t eat breakfast. Lunch is usually soup and some hot meal.
- Beef sirloin with dumplings and cream sauce
- Roasted pork with dumplings and sauerkrat
- Schnitzel (not original but popular)
- Moravian sparrow
- Potato pancakes
- Garlic soup
- Potato soup
Food in the USA
American cuisine consists of very fatty and unhealthy dishes. It´s from other cuisines as Mexican, Chinese or Italian.
- Apple pie (their own version)
- Hot dogs
- Mac and cheese
Everybody knows about their thanksgiving when they cook turkey, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie
Food in the UK
English cuisine is healthier, they eat a lot of vegetables. Big breakfast – „English breakfast“bacon, beans, sausages, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes. Most of them eat cold lunch – sandwich, fish and chips
Very popular in UK are donuts or muffins. Important – Saturdays = barbecues with friends.
5 o´clock – teatime with biscuits, English tea with milk and cakes
- Fish and chips
- Steak and kidney pie
- Shepherd´s pie
- Bangers and Mash
- Apple pie
- Vinegar chips
Fixing the food first
- „We are what we eat““ Food have a great influence on our body and mind because it can contain chemical additions = risk of diseases. We need to receive proteins, fats, fiber and sugars in a balanced way. Some diseases can be from surplus of some substances (salt – cancer, sugar – diabetes…)
- Food can affect our mood in a possitive or negative way. When we eat healty food it can help us with depression or anxiety and make us happy. On the other hand fatty food makes us feel tired and blue.
- Eating disorders are caused by unhealthy eating habits
- Most well – known
- People view themselves as overweight even if they are dangerously underweight
- Difficult to eat, vomiting
- Affect behaviour, dangerous for the body and organs
- Eating unusually large amounts of food
- Common behaviour : forced vomiting, fasting
- Fear of gaining weight despite being at a normal weight
- Binge eating disorder
- Especially in the USA
- Eating large amounts of food rapidly, in secret despite not feeling hungry
- Feelings : distress, ashamed, disgusted or guilty
- Often have overweight/obesity
- Eating things that aren´t considered as food
- Ice, dirt, soil, chalk, soap, paper, cloth, corn-starch
- Purging disorder
- Night eating syndrome
My food attitude is influenced by my parents because they prepare food for my family. Nevertheless, I think it´s really important to eat healthy not just for our body shape but also for mind. I personally don´t have strict restrictions, when I want to eat something fatty as hamburger or fried cheese. On the other hand, I want to eat food which is healthy and make balance. We can improve our own attitude by learning new recipes and we should enjoy food.
2 cups of sushi rice
0.25 cups of rice vinegar
A pinch of salt
1 pack of unseasoned nori (seaweed sheets)
Filling: can be salmon, avocado, eel, crab, cucumber
Wasabi, ginger or soya sauce for taste
In last few months I have fallen in love with Sushi because of many variations and it´s not hard at all to make it. First, we need to cook the sushi rice. When add salt and rice vinegar for flavour.
Cut the filling into small pieces.
Put a seaweed on a bamboo mat add a layer of sushi rice over the seaweed and arrange the filling. When slowly roll up the bamboo mat.
Finally cut the sushi into small wheels.
Další podobné materiály na webu: