Otázka: Looking for a job
- Nowadays there are a lot of various jobs, we could be almost anything, what we want
- There are jobs well paid, highly respected or badly paid and not respected
- There are two groups of job:
- Blue – Collar jobs (manual workers)
- White – Collar jobs (headmasters, doctors, teachers)
Applying for a job
- Job advertisements – newspapers, internet work agencies, job centres, employment agencies
- A cover letter – a letter of application, we can use some good phrases for example I would like to apply for this job, because,… We must be polite, and tell, that we are interested in this job, we must tell, why we are good person for this job,….
- A curriculum vitae (CV) and references – it’s letter or text, when we describe our life, what we did in a past, what is our name, how old are we,…
Tips for an interview
Get ready to answer frequent questions:
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What exactly did you do in your last job?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- relax and be yourself
- ask questions if you don’t understand
- be positive
- speak clearly, keep eye contact
- arrive on time, do not be late
- dress up well for the interview
- Dress or skirt, some blouse or shirt
- Some nice accessories, but not some big and crazy
- It’s better, when we have got dark or white or beige colors (not bold colors = výrazné barvy)
- Suit, tie, shirt, trousers,…
Další podobné materiály na webu: