Otázka: My school
- Our school is located in Ústí nad Labem in Jateční Street. It lies a little further from the city centre, but it can be easily reached by the bus. It is a state school so it is free of charge.
- The headmaster of the school is Mr. Alfred Dytrt and the deputy director are Mrs. Klierová and Mrs. Řezáčová. We don´t wear uniform at school. Our school offers general secondary education. Educational programme lasts 4 years or 8 years if the students enrolled earlier from elementary school. Our school institute currently has 24 classes and 684 students. Our school provides systematic support for students with learning disabilities.
- The school is housed in a classical historic building built in 1907 and a gymnasium school is situated there for more than sixty years.
- The lessons start at 7:30 AM and end usually at 2 PM. Once a week there can be an afternoon classes until 3:45 PM. Each class lasts 45 minutes and there is 10 minutes long break between. After 3 classes we have long break for snack, which lasts 20 minutes.
- School year lasts 10 months but we have several holidays and free days during the year.
- We have the first holidays in autumn. Mostly they are either before October 28 or after.
- Then we have a winter holidays during Christmas, which usually start on 23rd of December.
- They end on second or third day in January. In February we have one day long half-term holidays. Spring break, which lasts one week is in February or March. It depends on the city.
- Easter holidays are in April. School ends end of June.
Events/Rebuilding of school
- At our school, various events and competitions are held throughout the year.
- Gymnasium also received the Good School award. In the last years, extensive reconstruction has taken place there. A modern annex was built, which extended the school object to a modern high school campus.