Otázka: Sport free time activities
Přidal(a): Katy Arnoltová
Sports are very good for active relaxation and are important for our physical and mental health. There are lots of types of sports and games. During sports events one can meet a lot of new people and see how it feels to be a winner or a loser. We can practise outdoor or indoor sports, in water or anywhere we want.
OUTDOOR AND INDOOR SPORTS
- ball games, athletics (sprint, high jump, long jump, javelin throw, ball throw etc.), tennis, shooting, skateboarding and skating (figure skating, speed skating and roller skating) may be practised both outdoor and indoor
- are as follows = golf, skiing (cross-country, down-hill, slalom, ski-jump), sledding.
- windsurfing, marathon-running, fishing, climbing, hiking or tourism,
- mountaineering, horse riding, rally
- include = table-tennis, gymnastics, chess
- There are also aquatic sports water skiing, swimming, diving, water polo, yachting, canoeing, rowing
- Ball games are popular all around the world = basketball, volleyball, football (called soccer in America), tennis, handball.
- during Autumn American Football, rugby are very popular in America
- millions of people like to attend matches, watch them on TV or listen to them on the radio and cross their fingers for their favourite team
- many sports have their origins in Britain, that is why Britain is sometimes called the cradle of sports
- two types of rugby, modern game of hockey, cricket, dafts, tennis and boxing were invented in Britain
- Golf has its origins in Scotland
- here are the major sports events in Britain Wimbledon (the Grand Slam Tennis Tournament), The British Open Golf Championship, the Grand National (it is the best known horse-race steeplechase)
- it has it′s traditions mostly football
- we can find football stadium in almost all town or village
- another favourite sport in our country is ice hockey, tennis, volleyball…
OTHERS IMPORTANT SPORTS EVENTS
- there are other very important sports events. The Olympic Games are the most famous = they are held every four years, they have their summer and winter parts which change once every two years
- some other important sports events are the World and European Championships and Cups in various sports
CHARACTERIZE A GOOD SPORTSMAN
- must be healthy (though there are also sports events for the handicapped), and a non-smoker
- he should do everything to excel in his sport, listen to his coach and devote most of his/her leisure time to it
- he/she must train very hard and should have a fair character
MY FREE-TIME ACTIVITIES
I think I do ordinary things like go out with my friends, do my homework and housework, watch movies and serials, sometimes I read
- I definitely want to finish high school and I want to go on to college.
- Now I don’t know much about it, but I would like to study pedagogy and foreign language or accounting, because I enjoy these subjects.
- I would like to study abroad if it possible for me.