Otázka: The book + National Theatre
- The reading of book is often favourite free-time activity
- Each year millions of books are written, sold a read.
- Favourite because its information, advice and pleasure.
- Can be read while travelling to school/work, durink the breaks or during waiting for a consultation with our GP
We can divite to:
- non-fiction books -> for information (textbooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographies, autobiographies, memories, travel/history/art books and cookery books).
- fiction books -> imaginary people or events
- Poetry (poems by famous poets) and prose (red tales, novellas, romances science fiction, crime novels, mysteries, westerns, thrillers or historical novels).
- Every year the Nobel prize is awarded to writer whose work with fiction is a unique literary acheavement. Nobel Prize winners: E. Hamingway, J. Steinbeck.
- Books can be bougth or borrowed from a library.
- In libraries you can find almost any book you need.
- Free of charge or only for a small fee for early membership.
- You can ask the librarian to recommend a good book.
- Is not only the beuatiful bulding in neo-renaissance edifice on the bank of the Vltava River.
- Administrates the famous Estate Theatre
- Three artistic esembles: opera, drama, ballet -> everyone can find something to please…
- Symbol of Czech freedom -> people from all social levels contibuted to fund to build it.
- The first stone was laid on 16th May 1868.
- Opened in 1881 and in the same year it cought fire.
- After 47 days people cellected one million florins -> opened again in 1883.
- 18th November with Smetana’s Libuše.
- Architects: Zítek, after fire – Schulz and Schnirch (The trias on the roof)
- Interior: Štursa, Kafka, Hynais (curtain -> 11mx11m), Ženíšek
Další podobné materiály na webu:
- Theatre and cinema – maturitní otázka
- Reading books – maturitní otázka z angličtiny (2)
- Reading books, The Pillars of the Earth – angličtina
- My favourite book: All Quiet on the Western Front
- British Literature the 20th and 21st century – angličtina