Otázka: Preparing a banquet
Jazyk: Angličtina pro hotelové školy
Přidal(a): Kristýna Koutníková
- Banquets can be held for many occasions.
- Many people or companies hold banquets for an anniversary or social events.
- We can also prepare a cold buffet, hot buffet, lunch buffet, dinner buffet
Types of banquets
- There are many various types of banquets.
- Many people host birthday banquets, wedding banquets, graduation banquets, New Year´s Eve banquets, Christmas banquets, business banquets.
Tasks of the restaurant staff
- The banquet manager organizes the event.
- The food and beverage manager is responsible for the restaurant and the kitchen.
- The headwaiter manages the wine waiters and waiters and waitresses.
- The bar manager is responsible for the bar staff.
- The head chef is in charge of the kitchens – the sous chef, chefs and kitchen porters.
Before the banquet starts, the waiters prepare the tables in banqueting style, e.g. in a U –shape. They set the festive table. They put a tablecloth on it and decorate it with candles, flowers, napkins, banquet menu cards, name cards. They set out festive dishes (plates: dinner plates, soup bowls, side plates, dessert plates, glasses: water, red and white wine, champagne glasses, cutlery: knives, forks and spoons)
Další podobné materiály na webu: