Otázka: The menu
Jazyk: Angličtina pro hotelové školy
Přidal(a): Kristýna Koutníková
Types of menus
Two main types of menus can be offered at the restaurant. The Menu, sometimes called the A La Carte Menu, and the Table D´Hote Menu.
Description of the menu
There are Starters – cold and hot, Main courses – meat dishes, fish dishes, vegetarian dishes and Side dishes on the menu.
Examples of dishes
The most common starters are e.g.: vegetable soups, bouillon, lentil soup, ham rolls with horse radish and various salads.
Typical main courses are e.g.: Wiener schnitzel, beef goulash, roast chicken or duck, fried cheese.
Common side dishes include: fried, boiled or mashed potatoes, dumplings, potato dumplings, rice, French fries, various kinds of salads.
Typical desserts are ice cream, various cakes, gateaus.
Table d’hôte menu
Table d´hote menu is normally offered at lunchtimes. It usually consists of soup, main course and dessert. Table d´hote menu is also served at the banquets.
Typical Czech dishes
The most typical Czech dishes are:
- Potato soup with vegetables and mushrooms
- Roast pork with dumplings and sauerkraut
- Roast sirloin of beef in cream sauce with dumplings with lemon and cranberries
- Boiled beef with tomato or dill cream sauce
- Fried pancakes from raw potatoes
- Sweet yeast dumplings filled with plums and covered with sugar, cottage cheese and melted butter.
A typical Czech dessert is Bohemian or Moravian kolache made of yeast dough.
At Christmas fish soup and fried carp with potato salad are traditional.
Další podobné materiály na webu: